Butter Apples and Sage with Polish Sausage Panini
Makes 5 sandwiches
- 1 package Grass Run Farms Polish sausage
- 1 8-ounce wheel of Brie, cut into 15 slices
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 20 sage leaves
- 2 apples
- 10 slices bread
- Cooking spray for panini grill
- Heat panini grill.
- Slice sausages lengthwise in half and in half again crosswise. Set aside for later.
- Slice apples into ½-inch slices and cut out core and seeds.
- In a fry pan, melt butter on medium-high heat. When butter starts to brown, drop in sage leaves, one or two at a time. Cook a few seconds each until they start to brown and remove from pan to paper towel to cool.
- In same pan, add apple slices and cook until just slightly heated. Remove from heat.
- In same pan, place Polish sausage slices, cut side down, and heat until just browned slightly. Remove from pan.
- Assemble 2 apple slices, 4 sage leaves, 4 pieces of Polish sausage (equivalent of one sausage), and 3 slices of Brie on bread. Top with another slice of bread to make a sandwich.
- Spray panini grill with cooking spray on both sides. Place sandwich in panini grill and cook for about 5 minutes, until toasted and cheese melts. Remove from grill. Cut in half. Enjoy!