August 10, 2021
It’s challenging enough trying to put together good meals on a busy weeknight, but add in the heat of late summer and you have an entirely new obstacle to overcome. Feeding hungry stomachs while also keeping everyone (and your home) cool can be enough to make you throw in the kitchen towel and reach for your phone to call in a delivery order.
Before you spend another night feeling unsatisfied with your recent pizza order, add a delicious bowl-style meal into your go-to recipe repertoire! The bowl-style trend has been increasing in popularity over the last couple of years and for good reason. Not only are they incredibly versatile, they’re also easy to prepare and serve.
How to Build a Beef Bowl
It’s easy to be flexible with your ingredients, but there are some basics culinarians suggest to help make the most of your meal.
- First, start with a base grain, like quinoa or rice.
- Then, add some hearty proteins, like Grass Run Farms steak, ground beef, or even a perfectly grilled burger patty! Modern Day Moguls whipped up an amazing Baja Steak Bowl recipe using Grass Run Farms Teres Major steaks!
- Now, you can begin mixing and matching a variety of ingredients. The great part about this is you may have a lot of options already sitting on your pantry shelf.
- Legumes: Black beans, lentils, kidney beans
- Greens: Kale, baby spinach, arugula
- Vegetables: Tomatoes, corn, zucchini
- Toppings: Avocado, goat cheese, nuts
- Sauce: Chimichurri, Korean BBQ
Not only have you just put a healthy, mouthwatering meal together with time to spare, you’re also avoiding the headache of dealing with picky eaters; let the kids play chef for the night and piece together their very own custom dish!
Want to take the guesswork out of meal-making each week? Bookmark our recipe pages for family-friendly ideas that are as good for you as they taste!