Grass Run Farms Flank Steak Totchos
2 hours and 5 minutes
2 hours and 35-40 minutes
Steaks & Roasts
- 1 16 oz Grass Run Farms Flank Steak, patted dry
- ¼ C lime juice
- 1 Tbsp cumin
- 1 Tbsp salt
- 2 Tbsp cooking oil
- 1 16 oz bag of potato tots
- 2 C shredded cheddar
- 1 C diced red onion
- 1 7 oz container of guacamole salsa
- 1 C fresh pico de gallo
- ½ C pickled jalapeno slices
- ½ C sour cream
- Marinate steak for 2 hours in a resealable bag with lime juice, cumin, salt, and 1 Tbsp of oil.
- Heat oven to 425 degrees F.
- When oven is heated, place the tots on a baking sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes, depending on how crispy you prefer them.
- While the tots are cooking, remove the steak from the marinade and pat dry.
- Heat a cast iron skillet or heavy bottom pan to high heat.
- Add 1 Tbsp of oil to the skillet and add the steak.
- Brown the steak for about 3 minutes on each side, or until the internal temperature reaches 135 degrees F (steaks will reach 145 degrees F when finished in the oven).
- Remove the steak from the skillet to a cutting board and let rest for at least 3 minutes.
- After the steak has rested, slice it thinly, making sure to cut against the grain.
- When the tots are done, cover the tots on the baking sheet with the thinly sliced steak and sprinkle cheese and onion over the top.
- Bake for another 5 minutes or until cheese melts (this will allow the steak to reach an internal temperature of 145 degrees F).
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven once the cheese is melted.
- Top with the guacamole salsa, pico de gallo, sour cream, and sliced jalapenos, and serve on the baking sheet.