Caramelized Onion Steak
1 hour 10 minutes
1 hour 15 minutes
Steaks & Roasts
Caramelize onions to top this tasty grass fed steak. Grass Run Farms recipes are sure to please using delicious beef.
- Trim fat from steak
- Heat oil in saucepan and brown steak on both sides using a medium heat setting
- Place onion slices on top of meat
- Sprinkle sugar and Worcestershire sauce over onion and meat
- Simmer for 2 minutes on medium heat with lid on
- Add 1 cup water and once boiling, reduce heat to low
- Simmer for approx. 1 hour (if using Round Steak, simmer for 2 hours with 2 cups of water). Be sure there is always liquid to keep things from burning. Add more water if necessary.