Grass Run Farms New York Strip Steak with Spicy Red Pepper Sauce and Cilantro Butter
Steaks & Roasts
- 2 10 oz Grass Run Farms New York Strip Steaks
- 2 Tbsp cooking oil
- 1 C yellow onion, diced small
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 2 oz jar of roasted red peppers, drained and diced
- 3 Tbsp butter, softened
- Dash of salt and pepper for seasoning
- ¼ C chopped cilantro
- In a small sauté pan, turn burner to medium-high heat and add 1 Tbsp oil. Add the onion and red pepper flakes.
- Sauté the onion and red pepper flakes until the onion is softened and fragrant, about 7 minutes.
- Add the red peppers and stir to combine.
- Cover the pan and set aside to keep warm for serving.
- In a heavy bottom skillet, heat 1 Tbsp of butter. Lightly season the steaks on each side with salt and pepper and then sear on each side until brown, about 3 minutes per side.
- Lower the heat and cook the steaks until the internal temperature reaches 145 degrees F or your preferred doneness. Remove from heat and let rest for three minutes.
- In a small bowl, add the remaining 2 Tbsp of softened butter and cilantro, and mix until well combined and slightly fluffy.
- Top the steaks with the red pepper sauté and cilantro butter.