Grass Run Farms Sweet Potato Skillet
Fresh Ground Beef
- 1 1-lb package Grass Run Farms 92-8 Ground Beef
- 6 C frozen, prepared sweet potato chunks
- 1 C green onion, diced
- 1 C fresh kale, chopped
- 1 12 oz jar fire roasted red pepper, drained and chopped
- 1 Tbsp cooking oil or butter
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp salt, or to taste
- 3 oz pepper jack cheese, shredded
- Freshly minced parsley and sour cream for topping
- Heat a large skillet to high heat and brown the ground beef until the internal temperature reaches 160 degrees F or your preferred doneness.
- Remove the beef from the skillet, place in a bowl, and set aside.
- In the same skillet you used to brown the beef, lower the heat to medium and add the cooking oil (or butter), sweet potatoes, green onion, red pepper, and kale.
- Cook for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the cooked beef and all the seasonings to the skillet and stir to combine.
- Lower heat to medium-low and sprinkle the pepper jack cheese across the top of the mix.
- Add the cover to the skillet and let it simmer for a few minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- Remove from heat and serve with a sprinkle of fresh parsley and a dollop of sour cream.