Fresh produce (onion, carrot, celery, garlic, thyme, bay leaves, and parsley)
Italian red wine
Pasta – look for fresh at your grocer
Canned whole peeled and diced tomatoes
Fresh Parmesan cheese
1. Brown the beef roast on both sides until a nice crust is developed.
2. Saute the vegetables and the garlic.
3. Use Italian red wine to deglaze the pan so you get all of the good crusty browned bits that have tons of flavor. Simmer for a bit to reduce.
4. Add the broth, tomatoes, balsamic, bay leaves, and thyme.
5. Cook in the Instant Pot until the meat is tender or falls apart (about an hour).
6. Shred the beef when it is done.
7. Cook pappardelle pasta. Add ragu sauce and shredded beef onto a skillet and toss the pasta and ragu together and simmer.
8. Plate pasta and garnish with parmesan cheese (optional).