Fresh Ground Beef
Chef Cory Bahr provides step by step directions to prepare a delicious Patty Melt recipe using ground grass fed beef.
- 1 lb. 100% grass fed ground beef
- 4 slices American cheddar cheese
- 1 loaf of good quality, thick bread
- Caramelized Vidalia onions
- Crumbled blue cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Season your grass fed ground beef with salt and pepper and form into 4 patties.
- Grill or pan fry patties until they reach your preferred doneness (4 minutes on each side for medium well).
- Butter 4 slices of bread and place the butter side down on a pre-heated skillet set to medium-high heat.
- Top each slice of bread with 1 patty, caramelized onions, American cheese, and blue cheese (optional: you can repeat this process with an additional patty).
- Once every item has been stacked, place another slice of buttered bread on the top with the butter facing up.
- Cook the patty melt for 2 minutes on each side.
- To ensure everything is melted together, place the patty melt in a 350-degree Fahrenheit pre-heated oven for 3-4 minutes.