Fresh Ground Beef
Enjoy this sloppy giuseppe recipe compliments of Chef Cory Bahr. It includes ground grass fed beef, bacon, and other ingredients like sage, onion, and more.
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 lb. 100% grass fed ground beef
- 1/3 cup bacon
- 1 sprig of sage
- Mixture of carrots, onion, and celery - chopped, approximately 1 cup
- 1 tablespoon freshly ground clove
- Pinch of freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup dry red wine
- 3 tablespoons salt
- 1-2 cups of tomato puree
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Toasted sesame buns
- 1 bunch broccolini - optional
- Add olive oil and bacon to a pre-heated medium-high heat skillet.
- Sauté for approximately 4 minutes.
- Add grass fed ground beef, break it apart, and cook for 5-10 minutes.
- Add 1 sprig of sage and the mixture of carrots, onion and celery.
- Sprinkle in the freshly ground clove and pepper. Stir and sauté for 5 more minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Deglaze the pan with red wine.
- Add the salt and tomato puree, and then cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Once the flavors have joined together, grab a toasted sesame bun and top the bun with the beef and some sautéed broccolini (optional).