Strip Loin Roast with Garlic and Herb Crust
2 hours 30 minutes
Steaks & Roasts
- 1 3-4 lb Grass Run Farms® Strip Loin
- 5 Garlic cloves
- 8 Fresh sage leaves
- 4 Tsp Extra virgin olive oil
- 4 Tsp Fresh rosemary leaves
- 4 Tsp Fresh thyme leaves
- 4 Tsp Kosher salt
- 1 ½ Tsp Fresh ground black pepper
- Pat strip loin dry with a paper towel.
- Using a food processor, add garlic, rosemary, sage, thyme, olive oil, salt, and pepper; process until a paste forms.
- Cover strip loin with garlic and herb crust paste. Place in refrigerator to absorb flavor for at least an hour or refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 450o Place strip loin, fat-side up, on rack in a roasting pan.
- Roast strip loin uncovered for 15-20 minutes. Reduce temperature to 350oF and continue roasting until instant-read thermometer registers 130oF for medium rare doneness (approximately 35 minutes).
- Remove the strip loin from the oven. Place strip loin on a clean plate or platter. Tent with foil and let rest 7-10 minutes.
- Temperature will continue to rise about 10o-15oF to reach 145oF for medium rare doneness or 160oF for medium doneness.
- Remove foil and carve strip loin into slices. Season with salt and pepper, as desired.