Chilaquiles Verde with Shredded Carne Asada
1 hour and 45 minutes
2 hours and 30 minutes
Steaks & Roasts
- 2 lbs Grass Run Farms® Chuck or Arm Roast
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, sliced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 fresh cilantro bunch, chopped
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3 cups salsa verde
- 1 avocado, mashed
- 1 bag tortilla chips, thick-cut
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup Cotija Cheese
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons onions, chopped
- 1/3 cup Organic Mexican crema
- Combine orange juice, lime juice, garlic cloves, jalapeno, oregano, black pepper, cumin, paprika, salt, cilantro, and olive oil in a bowl. Mix and set aside.
- Pour olive oil into an Instant Pot and set to Sauté. When oil is heated, sear the Grass Run Farms Beef Chuck Roast on all sides.
- Pour the combined ingredients over the chuck roast and then place the Instant Pot lid on and lock. Cook on High Pressure for an hour.
- While the chuck roast is cooking, heat remaining olive oil in a large, oven-safe pan or cast iron skillet over medium-high heat.
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F.
- Pour salsa verde into pan or skillet on stove-top. Add in mashed avocado and stir until combined.
- After salsa verde is heated and thickened, add the thick-cut tortilla chips. Toss gently to coat. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Release pressure from Instant Pot naturally and remove chuck roast once all pressure is vented.
- Shred chuck roast with two forks. Add shredded chuck roast to top of chilaquiles verde skillet.
- Top chuck roast with salt, onions, and cotija cheese. Cover with aluminum foil. Place in heated oven for 15 minutes or until heated through.
- Remove from oven and garnish with remaining fresh cilantro and organic Mexican crema. Serve immediately.
- Optional: Make this delicious recipe into a classic brunch by topping with three to four eggs cooked sunny-side up before adding your final garnishes and serving.