Filet with Peppercorn Sauce
Steaks & Roasts
- 1 lb. 100% grass fed tenderloin steak
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon fennel
- 1 tablespoon coriander
- 2 tablespoons preferred cooking oil
- 1/3 cup medium bodied red wine (Carméneré recommended)
- Ground black peppercorn
- 1/3 cup sliced shallots
- 1/4 cup salted butter
- 1/4 cup beef au jus
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Heat a skillet pan to high heat.
- Season grass fed tenderloin steak with a blend of salt, pepper, coriander and fennel.
- Poor approximately 2 tablespoons of oil in the skillet pan and then place the seasoned tenderloins in the pan. Cook for 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Scoop 3-4 tablespoons of butter and place in the pan with the steak. Toss the butter around the pan and coat the steak.
- Take the steaks off the heat and place on a baking sheet. Roast in the oven for 6 minutes (for medium rare).
- While the steaks are roasting in the oven, toss the shallots, ground black peppercorn, and au jus in the pan for 1 minute. De-glaze the pan with the red wine and reduce the liquid until it thickens and starts to bubble (WARNING, contents will be hot and may create flames).
- Take off the heat, add a few tablespoons of additional butter to the pan and stir in with the liquid.
- Grab the tenderloin steaks out of the oven and dress them with the sauce.