2 hours and 20 minutes
Steaks & Roasts
This recipe from Chef Cory Bahr uses grass fed chuck arm roast to create a delicious pot roast that is seared and baked in a skillet.
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1-2 lbs. 100% grass fed chuck arm roast
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup Idaho potatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup white onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon chili flakes
- Fresh sprigs of thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1-2 cups beef stock
- Chopped fresh chives - optional
- Preheat skillet to high heat. Add in oil.
- Season and place the grass fed chuck arm roast in the skillet.
- Sear for approximately 4 minutes on each side.
- Add in the potatoes, onion, chili flakes, salt, pepper, fresh thyme, bay leaves, carrots and beef stock. Bring the stock halfway up on the side of the roast.
- Cover with tinfoil and place in 350 degree Fahrenheit, pre-heated oven.
- Bake for around 1 hour and 45 min.
- Take the roast out of the oven and serve with mashed potatoes.
- Top with fresh chopped chives (optional), salt, and pepper.