Steak with Pan Sauce
Steaks & Roasts
This delicious Steak with Pan Sauce recipe only takes 20 minutes to make 4-5 servings. Prepared in a skillet with grass fed flat iron steak.
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1-2 lbs. 100% grass fed flat iron steak
- Few sprigs of thyme
- 2-3 tablespoons butter
- 3 cloves roasted garlic
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1-2 anchovies
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes
- Pinch of freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup basil with stems
- 1 cup cilantro with stems
- 1 cup mint leaves
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Preheat a skillet to high heat.
- In the meantime, make the salsa verde sauce. Grab a mortar and pestle. Add the salt and garlic to the mortar and begin to muddle.
- Add anchovies, chili flakes, ground pepper, and herbs. Muddle for a few more minutes until finely ground and paste begins to form.
- Add lemon zest and lemon juice. Mix this in the mortar and then slowly add olive oil to create the sauce. Set aside.
- Add a few tablespoons of oil to the preheated pan. Then add the grass fed flat iron steak.
- Sear the steak for 4 minutes on each side. Once there is a nice crust on each side, add roasted garlic, butter and rosemary to the pan.
- Start to baste the steak with the melted butter, garlic, and thyme for a few minutes. Remove from heat and let it sit for at least 5 minutes.
- Move the steak to a cutting board and slice the steak against the grain.
- Take the slices and transfer to a plate.